Aquafaba is a game changer for us vegans because it’s a great substitute for the egg whites in many recipes, Aquafaba is the remain water from cooked chickpeas.
I have been playing with aquafaba mousses for a while now and the result is always great, unlike all my attempts to do merengue 🙂
This recipe is incredible easy and I promise has zero chickpea flavour.
- the liquid of 1 can of chickpeas (150g) – I have used homemade cooked chickpea water and they both work just fine – just don’t add any salt.
- 90-100gr dark chocolate (good quality)
Cut the chocolate into small pieces and melt it.
Using an electric whisk, beat the aquafaba for a few minutes (7 to 15minutes), till you have a fluffy white consistency. Gently combine the chocolate with the aquafaba until combined.
Pour the mousse into glass containers and place in fridge for a couple of hours, and then enjoy..
– a little cream of tartar (1/4 teaspoon) can get more volume from the aquafaba and stabilize the mousse, its always more secure to add it if you want to make sure that still has a mousse consistency in the next day;
– And some cacao nibs or nuts for a little crunch and visual appeal;
– Add ½ tsp vanilla extract or chilli;
– Add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavours;
Descobrir a aquafaba foi espectacular para mim porque resolveu-me o problema de como criar a consistência de claras em castelo sem usar ovos… esta receita de mousse usa a água de cozedura do grão de bico.
À já algum tempo ando a brincar com receitas de musse com aquafaba, que ao contrário dos meus malditos suspiros fica sempre bem 🙂
Esta receita é incrivelmente fácil e eu prometo que não sabe a grão-de-bico.
- líquido de 1 lata de grão-de-bico (150g) – eu tenho usado a minha água de cozedura mas ambos funcionam igualmente bem – apenas não adicionar sal.
- 90-100gr chocolate negro (boa qualidade)
Cortar o chocolate em pedaços pequenos e derreta-lo em banho maria.
Com uma batedeira elétrica bater a aquafaba por alguns minutos (7 a 15 minutos), até obter a consistência desejada. Envolver suavemente o chocolate com a aquafaba. Colocar a musse em recipientes de vidro e deixar no frigorifico por 1 a 2 horas. Depois é só saborear!
– Colocar 1/4 colher de chá de cremor tártaro ajuda a obter mais volume e a estabilizar a mousse, é sempre mais seguro adicioná-lo principalmente se se planear consumir só no dia seguinte.
– Colocar algumas pepitas de cacau ou frutos secos picados no topo antes de servir
– Adicione ½ colher de chá de extrato de baunilha ou piri-piri ;
– Adicione uma pitada de sal para realçar os sabores;
14 thoughts on “Aquafaba chocolate mousse -2 ingredients (mousse de chocolate com aquafaba)”
Wow, I’d never heard of “Aquafaba” until this post! Will have to give this one a go…
Love how simple this recipe is – can’t wait to give it a go! I’ve made aquafaba ice cream, but not mousse yet, so thank you for the recipe!
Never tried the ice cream, so you have a recipe for it? I would love to try it 🙂
Hi! Please help. I tried to make this twice now, but to no avail! it deflates every time = (.
I started off well – fluffed 1 can worth of aquafaba (from chick peas can, salted). Fluffed for 10 mins with 1/4 tsp of apple cider vinegar. When peaked, I added 6 tsp of sugar (1 spoon at a time). All was well until…. I added the cocoa powder. First time, I added the cocoa powder directly. It deflated immediately. Second time, I melted the cocoa powder into 3 tablespoon of cold coconut milk before hand, then gradually mixed 1 tea spoon at a time. Very carefully folding it in. But almost immediately, the aquafaba deflated. Any ideas why? I dont have a mixer, thus my arm may not live for a 3rd fail… = ) Any advice would help! Thank you in advance. ps. All the recipes I have come across use melted chocolate, not cocoa powder. Could this be the culprit?
Hi Aki, I think the problem is that you don’t have a mixer.. the aquafaba needs to be whipped fiercely to achieve peaks, a powerful stand mixer really is the best tool for the job :/ and adding cream of tartar to the aquafaba helps to stabilise.
Looks delicious and tempting.
Well described !!??
Its so good and healthy 🙂 thanks for passing by and I hope you try the mousse.. no excuses its super easy ?
Haha. Humorous reply @cook the beans.?
Will definately try, loveee these kinda stuffs !!??
I have to try this!! I tried to make my own but don’t have an electrical whisk ! ? this wouldn’t work in a blander or with hand blender would it! ?
I never tried but next time do or by chickpeas just see if it works 😀 and let me know 😉
Def will ❤️
Reblog auf Mitohnesahne